OUR MEMORIES DEPEND ON A FAULTY CAMERA IN MY MIND

Tuesday, December 05, 2006


Novgorod

gggggggg
So, we took another little road trip to "the oldest city in Russia" which happens to be about 3 hours outside of St. Pete. Obviously this town is called Novgorod which actually means "new city" in Russian, so that doesn't make much sense does it? Ok so we went with some friends from the ward and it was a party. I don't think everyone else appriciated it as much as I did. I am a sucker for a really old church with awesome domes, and there were like 80 in this little town. So many awesome pictures. We walked around the town for a while and then we went to a monastery and a monk hated us girls because he thought we were trying to break into the monk quarters and "NO FEMALES ARE ALLOWED". Then we visited an outdoor museum of wooden churches...Kizhi was way better but it was ok. So that's pretty much it. Other then that, this week has been registering for classes, getting used to russian time again, thinking about how we only have 5 more teaching days ;( , and just seeing the city more. Randi and I went to the Russian museum and Peter and Paul Fortress so we have been busy heeding the wise words of Lev. Oh, and we went to the Hermitage again today. We have a busy one week and 6 days left here in Russia and although I am excited to go home and sleep in my bed again, I can see myself thinking back on this time and saying "If only life could be like it was when I lived in Russia". So I'm trying to make the most of the little time I have left here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home