OUR MEMORIES DEPEND ON A FAULTY CAMERA IN MY MIND

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

KIZHI/ PETROSOVODSK AWESOMENESS!
Hello to all! I don't have much time for this but I just have to say that I have been to the coolest place ever. Last thursday night, kristin, amanda, cavan, A.j. and I took off on our beloved sleeping train 8 hours north of st. pete to a town called Petrozovodsk. The town itself wasn't anything special but we decided to take a little trip to the island right off petro called kizhi. This tiny island is known for it's 16th century church made of wood. it's doesn't sound that special but it was. The island was so quiet and nice and beautiful. it was what I like to call "a feast for the senses" -Rita Francos Aunt (4th grade). So it was a whole lotta fun! After the long weekend we felt like we hadn't taught forever and it was fun to see the kids again! I might have gone on a shopping spree and that is was the following pics are. MOM: This is the pic of the "father frost" I got you! and I aslo have a pic of my collection of matroyska dolls and so on and so forth! Also last week I had a sleep over with one of the girls in my group and i was only slightly tramatized. Russians are intresting people but I really like it! Thanks randi/ lev. Also we fed the missionaries last sunday and it was a party!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home