OUR MEMORIES DEPEND ON A FAULTY CAMERA IN MY MIND

Monday, October 09, 2006

"AMBER IS THE COLOR OF YOUR ENERGY"
Russia does in fact have one beautiful town : PUSHKIN!
So Pushkin is a smaller town about and hour outside of St. peter. It's most famous for it's palaces! With Svieta as our tour guide we set out to find all the awesomeness that pushkind had to offer. One of the most famous palaces in russia is Catherines palace ( I think that's what it is called). If that name doesn't ring a bell then maybe THE AMBER ROOM does. I didn't know what it was either so don't feel bad.

Mostly it this room made completely of amber. It's really cool but I was more impressed with the other rooms in the palace. Originally This palace was almost completely ruined in WW 2 but has been "restored", along with just about everything else in Russia...we decided. After that we went to another palace of a Russian Czar ( I foget his name...maybe nicolas...anastcia's dad whoever that is). It had so many original artifacts that the lady in our tour group almost had 5 heart attacks. Randy even spotted an origonal telephone from the times of the revolution. AMAZING. So to sum up Pushkin, it rocked and i wish it wasn't so far away because as you can see from the pics it's very beautiful. Along with pics of Pushkin I'm including other glamorous shots of my city...even though they aren't exactly everywhere..they do exist I guess.




1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Cavan said...

You should probably consider a career in professional photography.

You are a diamond in the rough. You are like a topaz in the scum?

Hard to say. Truth is I'm just eating up excess time here at the Internet cafe because I signed up for an hour. Kristin basically forced me to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home