OUR MEMORIES DEPEND ON A FAULTY CAMERA IN MY MIND

Sunday, December 17, 2006


I've been bumming around this old town for way too long
My time in Russia is coming to an end here in a few days, and i think it would be a good time to look back and reflect on what this experience has been to me. I have to say that its taken me a FULL 4 months to understand and appriciate the Russian culture. Let me just say that if I never smile and give you blank stares all the time when I get back, don't take it personal.
So, We finished teaching on Wednesday and our Spectacle was on Thursday. All in all things went pretty smooth. Although, I'm now sitting in my apartment wondering why they waited 5 full days after teaching ended to send us home...I'm just want to be home if I'm not teaching because although Russia is fun, I see no purpose in being here if I don't get to teach. I've seen everything I want to see in St. Pete and now I'm in a waiting period. Although, i did find out that there is a TOPSHOP (Megan will be so excited to hear this) like 10 minutes away. I was flabbergasted because I didn't even think russia believed in TOPSHOPs.
The best part about this "waiting period" is that everyday someone has to say "Seriously you guys, we only have 3 days left...weird!" and I say "Yes we do have 3 days left...wow" and then the next day " seriously you guys,....." you get the picture...i'm going to give a dirty look to the next person who states the obvious and then pretends that they're sad about it considering people have been saying this for the last month! Words of the week: WEIRD and SERIOUSLY
Anyway, today was our last sunday in our ward and it was sad. We' have a couple close friends in the ward and it wasn't so fun saying goodbye. If I've learned one thing this year is that goodbyes are just a part of life, and they are never fun. I'm a better person from knowing the members in the St. Petersburg ward and will never forget all the things we've experienced together. HAHA also half the missionaries in our ward are going home within the next 6 months so in case I don't make any friends at utah state...I will have a heap of returned missionaries to hang out with. YAHOO...
What else did I do this week...Oh, I went to the Banya again! Randi and Amanda needed an experienced patron to be their escourt, so of course I volunteered. It is so funny. This time there were two factors that made it even better...1. Anya (sveta brought her and she was so funny) 2. HONEY ( We rubbed it on our faces and arms and it was awesome). We also went our last excursion with our dearest Sveta this weekend. She brought us to the real blockade museum ( Randi and I went to the wrong one) and then to the largest cemetary in the world. This was one of the things that made Russians in general make more sense to me. It was a really cool day.
Well, I think this may be the last blog i will be posting becasue after I go home....unfortunately my traveling days will have to be over for a while(Unless anyone is willing to make an anonomus deposit into my banking account) . Thank you to all who actaully read my humble little blog.
Baca!

1 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Cavan said...

Post from your home, hoser

If you don't update, I won't link to you! How do you feel about THAT?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home